Bar Codes in SAP Business ByDesign (Blog # 2)
In SAP Business ByDesign, executing whether a warehouse task confirmation is either Inbound / Outbound is much easier by just the wave of the scanner. This integrated technology truly maximizes the work efficiency. This eliminates the physical entry by effectively decreasing human errors. Using bar code, the system saves time and increases efficiency and accuracy.
In SAP Business ByDesign, a specific format is to be used for decoding
09->Number of Quantity
95->Unit of Measure
EA->Unit of Measure of the Product
Example, Barcode: (91)P100001(30)09(95)EA
How does access Barcode in SAP Business ByDesign?
- Login into SAP Business ByDesign
- Go to the Outbound Logistic -> Task Control Menu
- Choose your Inbound / Outbound Task control and click Confirm button.
- You can see the Bar Code Input tab as shown in the above screenshot (Figure 1: Example of barcode format).
- Keep the cursor on the Bar Code Textbox. It will automatically read the input from the barcode scanner and display the respective product details at the line item level.
Third Party Integration
Don’t forget to subscribe and leave your comment to improve this article. Please contact us for your implementation requirements, support or consulting requirements or.